If you’ve been looking into getting custom tshirts made, you’ve likely heard of screen printing. Everyone raves about how it turns out, but what exactly is it? It’s used for a multitude of purposes, from band tshirts to promotional materials for companies, to a variety of other
Screen printing is a printing technique that uses a mesh screen to transfer ink onto a substrate, usually fabric. A stencil is created on the screen, and ink is then pushed through the openings in the stencil onto the substrate below.
The advantage of screen printing over other printing methods is that it can be used to print on a variety of different materials, including fabric, glass, metal, and plastic. Screen printing is also very versatile—it can be used to create a wide range of prints, from simple one-color designs to complex multicolor images.
Here’s a quick overview of the screen printing process:
1. First, a design is created on a computer and then transferred to a piece of film.
2. Next, the film positive is placed on top of a screen made of mesh stretched over a frame.
3. The areas of the screen where ink will not be transferred are then covered with a substance
4. Once the emulsion has dried, the film positive is removed, revealing your design on the screen beneath.
5. Next, ink is placed on top of the screen and pushed through the mesh using a squeegee.
6. The ink passes through the openings in the mesh and onto the substrate below.
7. Finally, the ink is cured (dried) using heat or ultraviolet light.
And that’s it! Once you’ve mastered the basics of screen printing, you can start experimenting with different techniques to create unique prints.
So there you have it—a quick overview of tshirt screen printing and how it works. This versatile printing method can be used to create a wide range of prints on different substrates, making it a great choice for businesses and organizations of all sizes. If you’re looking for high quality screen printing tshirts, then look no further than Liberated Images. Experts in high-quality screen printing, we’re able to offer custom tshirt solutions for whatever you need. Simply contact us today and we’ll be more than happy to assist with whatever you need!